Tuesday, June 26, 2007

35 Weeks - Mommy's Turn to Blog

Hello everyone! I took over for Josiah today just to write some of my feelings about the pregnancy as we're quickly approaching his arrival. Today marks 35 weeks of the pregnancy, and exactly 31 weeks to the day since I saw the word "pregnant" flash on the pregnancy test. It is probably no shock to any of you that we were trying to become pregnant, especially after losing our first baby in September of 2006.

I was staying with Andrea and Mallorie in Cleveland for the week of Thanksgiving when I decided to test. They, of course, were sleeping. After all, it was 9:30 in the morning, ha ha. I went into the bathroom to test, and there in no time, the test was positive. I stayed in the bathroom for a few minutes, and just cried and praised God for this new little miracle. My heart was overwhelmed with so many questions: Would I be able to keep this pregnancy? Did I remember to take my prenatal vitamins this month? If I was able to keep this pregnancy, would I have what it takes to be a mom? Would Jeremy be worried about me every second?

Some of these questions still linger. Some were answered immediately. Some that I still have are too sacred to type on a computer screen. After I spent some time alone in that little bathroom, I ran to wake up Andrea and Mallorie, who through their sleepiness offered me so much support and excitement. I then immediately called Jeremy who was as equally amazed and overwhelmed as I was. That day and that conversation with him on the phone is so precious to me!

The next few weeks were scary for us. We experienced a number of blows with episodes of bleeding mixed intensely with our fear. However, through each frightening time, we saw the faithful hand of God provide us with comfort and peace. There were times where we even realized that if our worst fear came true, God's faithfulness and love were still just as real and vibrant.

At around 18 weeks into the pregnancy I felt Josiah move for the first time. Of course, at that time, he wasn't Josiah yet, he was simply "Sprout." Many mom's describe those first movements as fluttering or butterflies in their tummy. For me, his first little movements felt like a fish swimming in my abdomen. However, those little movements quickly turned into a stronger feeling of kicks by about week 22. At exactly 19 weeks, we learned that our little Sprout was indeed a boy! What an amazing day that was to share with Jeremy. We loved watching him on the ultrasound screen and were amazed to see that sweet life moving inside me. I felt so blessed.

The second trimester was a breeze, we enjoyed every single moment. Once we hit the third trimester, things really seemed very real! We began having showers, getting the room ready, etc. Josiah is one loved little baby. We have received more than enough gifts for him, and we have marveled every day at the outpouring of generosity from our friends and family.

Now, here we are...5 weeks before his due date, and I have such mixed emotions. I want him to come so badly because I can't wait to meet him, hold him, and tell him face to face the story of his life and of God's providence. But, another part of me longs to keep him to myself a little while longer, because I know once he is born, the time will pass so quickly. So for now, I'm gong to just relax and enjoy having him within me a little while longer.

Thank you all for reading, and checking on us and baby Josiah. Please keep us all in your prayers...that his birth will go smoothly, that he will be healthy, and that we will be the parents God wants us to be.

When he is born, we will use this site to post pictures, so check frequently!

With love,

Jennifer (josiah's mommy)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Jenn I'm soooo happy for you! I can't believe he's almost here. It seems like yesterday we were having lunch and talking about when you would like to try again. I wish I lived closer to get to see him sooner. I know you'll have a bunch of people to call when he's born...I hope I'm somewhere on that list! I love you and miss you!!