Thursday, July 26, 2007

Proud Mama - 39 weeks, 2 days

So, I asked Josiah to let me take over the blog again this week! He is still nice and cozy in my tummy, and despite giving us a couple of "false alarms" looks like he may make it all the way to his due date (July 31st)! He's such a little stinker, we practically plead with him every night to come out! Ha ha.

I'm writing this week, because I'm sure that the next few weeks will be about how proud I am of my new son, however, I wanted to write about how proud I am of his father! I am so blessed to know and love Jeremy. For the past year our lives have really revolved around having a baby. It was about this time last year that we were busy celebrating our first pregnancy and Jeremy was so amazingly excited during that time. He rubbed my back, played with my hair, and brought me crackers throughout the night to help with the nausea associated with the first trimester.

During our September loss, I fell more and more in love with my man as I watched him grieve, and felt his comfort during my own grief. His faithfulness and dedication to God also really inspired me to be a better person during this time. There were nights that we sat together and cried, prayed, and dreamed about the future, and he was always positive and uplifting during these times.

With this pregnancy, his care, concern and thoughtfulness have been constant. Not a day has gone by that he hasn't offered to rub my feet, prepare a meal, clean the house, etc. Of course, I have felt wonderful enough to do these things too, but his constant offering has made me feel like the most special gal in the world. He also has supported and encouraged me through times of fear, stressing out over weight gain (ha ha), and through my OCD cleaning phases. All the while, he has been working and attending school full time and has never uttered one word of complaint. He is an amazing man of God, and Josiah and I are so blessed to have him.

I am humbled, proud, and excited that Jeremy and I get to go through labor and delivery together, and that we get to spend out lives and energy pouring into our little boy!

Thanks for letting me gush! It feels good to put my feelings in writing ;)

We'll keep ya posted on my doctor's appointment tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jen
It's so nice to hear a woman exclaim her love and appreciation for her man, especially publicly. So many times nowadays all we hear about are the negative things in marriages. Josiah is very lucky to have Jeremy and you for parents. Two people who are so obviously in love, not only with each other, but with the Lord Jesus Christ. You can't help but exude that love to your son!