Wednesday, July 1, 2009

May and June 2009

Go ahead, say it, SLACKER! I accept the title with dignity because I've been THAT BUSY with the babies! Ohhh so much has happened since the last post and I will try to summarize as briefly as I am able (which, ya know, is probably not that brief!)

First there was (dum dum dum) THE WEDDING! What a fabulous week prior to the wedding and weekend of the wedding we had! Shout out to Emily and Breanna who helped me immensely with the babies so that I could be the sis of the bride and not worry about whether my kiddos were having fun or being well cared for. Andrea and Aaron designed a ceremony fit for a prince and princess, and we enjoyed every second of that weekend. Josiah and Silas looked adorable in their ALL WHITE outfits and really did great being ring bearers. Josiah of course would not practice the night of the rehearsal, but on the actual wedding day, he walked down the aisle like an ol' pro. Silas was pulled in a white wagon down the aisle and he carried with him the bible used in my mom's wedding, and in my wedding too! It was simply fantastic!

After the wedding, the Miller/Waller clan had our first experience at a little place we like to call "the cabin." (The Brewers of course were welcome but they decided to go on a honeymoon to the Virgin Islands, so we excused them). The cabin is a little house in West Virginia that we stayed in for the weekend after the wedding. It is very woodsy, and rustic, and charming. Josiah, Gran, Papa, Mama, Jeremy and Casey went "sishing" (which is Josiah's turn for 'fishing'), while Silas and I cheered them on! Surprisingly, Josiah's toy fishing pole (with real hook) caught the most fish and so most of everyone's time was spent, bating his hook, and de-fishing it! Poor Gran spent the majority of her time in the cabin in the kitchen making sure we did not starve!

Once we got back from our mini vacation, and the Brewers were home, Silas ate his first food! And boy did he love it! We let him try mashed bananas and he just went crazy with them. He fell asleep while eating that day, it was sooo cute!

Josiah has become quite the master of the pool. He loves the slide and also loves swimming! He is talking constantly now...some cute words he says are "diapydipe" for his diaper; "buckle" for anything that fastens (like the car seat); "monk monk" for his monkey; "MeeMee" for his blanket; and "moose" for any horned animal! Josiah is a laugh a minute as well. He has begun placing himself in time out when he knows he did something wrong, even if I don't see it. For example, yesterday he was playing with the baseboard heater units downstairs while I was upstairs (I could see him even though he didn't know it) and when he heard me coming down stairs, he ran, placed himself on the bottom stair and said "sorrf" - which being translated is "sorry." Then, later, he was playing in the kitchen while I was folding clothes, he came over hugged me and kissed all over me and I was just basking in it, then I heard the water start in the dishwasher. We looked at each other, I said "Did you turn the dishwasher on?" He replied "Yesh" (which means yes) and then ran to the stair. LOL! Too sweet. Its so hard to not laugh constantly at his antics.

Si Si remains easy going. He loves his bouncy seat, is rolling over like a pro, and now consistently laughs at his brother no matter the circumstance. He also (and I'm admitting this reluctantly, but for the records sake will be honest) muttered "Dada" a few times. Can someone explain to me why is that? Why do us mommys spend all our time doing stuff for the little ones and their favorite word is always "Dada"? LOL! Its so ironic, don't ya think?

Enjoy the pictures! Also, check us out on facebook where there are more pics and videos too!

No comments: