Sunday, January 13, 2008

5 months old, where does the time go?

I can hardly believe it is 2008! This will be the year I celebrate my first birthday, learn to walk, learn to talk, learn to eat on my own, all kinds of things are in store for me this year! But, I won't go on about that, it will make mommy cry just thinking about how big I'll be in 2008!
Wanna know what I'm up to these days? On December 31st, 2007, I said my first words! I said "Dada." Yup, Daddy won that contest, ha ha! Me, mommy, and daddy were at lunch on our way home from all the Christmas festivities. I started making some new noises that they had never heard before, so they tried to get me to say da da, and I did! I repeated it just like it sounded to me. Mommy and Daddy thought they were hearing things until the waitress walked up and said out of the blue "He's so young to be talking isn't he?" I'm so smart! On January 10th, I sat up by myself for the first time. Since then, I've become quite the pro at sitting up unassisted.
My night time still isn't very predictable. Mommy and Daddy have had me on a very set pre-bedtime routine, but each night I show them who's boss by calling out for them to come soothe me. If they'd let me sleep in their bed every night, I'd probably finally sleep through the night! Here's a funny story, mommy's been pretty tired this week from all my night wakenings, so daddy decided to take a whole night with me so mommy could stay in the bed. Well, in the middle of the night, while I was sleeping in my crib, mommy scooted over next to daddy. Daddy must have thought she was me, because he started patting her back whispering "shhh, daddy's here, it will be ok!" I love making my parents sleep deprived, they do and say some silly things.
Today is Sunday, and it was my first time in the nursery. I did great, but mommy and daddy were so sad because they felt like I was so big and independent.
In 3 weeks, on my 6 month birthday, mommy is going to finally let me have something other than milk! I'm so excited!
The pictures below are some from my 5 month birthday and playing with my friend Mallory. The ones below that are some left over Florida pictures and pictures of our Alabama Christmas.
Happy new year!
Love,
Josiah

No comments: