Sunday, November 16, 2008

Feminine Reflections in an All Boy House

Hello all! This is a purely indulgent blog tonight, because I am just overwhelmed tonight at the enormity of the blessings in my life.

This weekend, I was able to go away with my mom and sister to Williamsburg where we did so much wedding planning and shopping that my mind is still spinning! It was amazing, and the May 16th wedding of Ange and Aaron is going to be fabulous and romantic, and homespun, and regal all in one! I am so excited and so honored to be part of such a special event. We had a great time on our girls trip and really enjoyed the chance to steal away for a couple of days and just chat and shop! Somehow we all finished our Christmas shopping too, which is a miracle!

I arrived home this evening to find a total bachelor pad of a house (think food and toys everywhere), a very sick husband (with the stomach virus), a hyped up 15 month old who spent the day with his grandpa (due to his dad being sick), a tired Dad who had two services this morning and a hyped up 15 month old for the rest of the day, a mountain full of laundry, and a very content heart. This past Thursday and Friday, I too had the stomach flu, and I was so blessed to have my man stay by my side, taking care of me and our son, without complaining or needing a thing. Tonight, after I doped Jeremy up with Phenergan (an anti nausea med) and got him settled, I looked over where he was sleeping in his chair and noticed he has his wedding ring on. Now, that is fairly typical of my man, its the first thing he puts on in the morning and the last thing to take off at night (if he remembers to remove it), but for some reason, noticing that ring on his finger in the midst of a rough day of vomiting, teaching, helping in kids church, and taking care of Josiah, it was touching to me to remember that he is mine. Throughout his many roles, he comes home to me, and we really do enjoy taking care of each other. To be loved by such a great man is such an honor, and I feel so blessed to be a part of his life. In quiet moments like this, I'm able to really stop and remember what is important. Yes, I totally stress about bills, cleaning the house, getting ready for the baby, making sure Josiah is taken care of, but when it all is said and done, I am so thankful that God allowed me to partake in life and a little bit of heaven on earth in the form of my family.

Not only do I have an amazing husband and wonderful son, but my parents, sister, and future brother in law are also amazing people. My Dad stepped in big time for us with Josiah this weekend, my mother treated me all weekend to meals, coffees, a hotel room, etc., my sister has allowed me to be part of every step of her wedding journey and also is coming over tomorrow to help me with the baby's room, and my brother in law is always a phone call or text away if I need anything! It is truly no small thing to love and be loved.

My in laws in Florida are also wonderful. I hate that we don't get to spend as much time together as we'd like, but I cherish the phone calls, emails, letters, cards, and prayers from them so much. They are in love with my little Josiah, and that means more than anything in the world to me!

Ok, thanks for indulging me!

Josiah is loving life right now. He's into copying anything we do! He LOVES talking on the phone, blows on his food when we tell him it is hot, has figured out how to climb on our cooler to get to hard to reach items, knows that we find him irresistable and attempts to smile his way out of trouble, is starting to try to read books to us, and loves to play hide and seek with his daddy. He has also figured out that the back slant in our tub is a fun slide...oy vey!

Here are some cute pictures of my little loves in the leaves! Enjoy!

Jenn




No comments: