Happy Sunday evening! This has been a crazy crazy weekend for the Miller household, centered primarily around our little drama king, Josiah, with a few wedding events thrown in for fun!
All day Friday I was totally psyched for my GNO (girl's night out) with my PA friends. I even bought new jeans (see previous post)! I had a great day with the boys, constantly singing Shania Twain's "Man I Feel Like a Woman." LOL! They thought I was crazy but I was so excited to be having my first "no baby" evening out in 5 weeks! Jeremy was so supportive, came home a little early, left me the XM radio so I could blast a little music on my way, and sent me out with compliments on my jeans (thank you Sister Ann Taylor) and reassurance that he was fine with both boys. So I slip in the car, blast some Beyonce and pull into the local Japanese Hibachi grill. I walk in, spend about 2 seconds greeting my friends, when the cell rings. My darling husband! I assumed he was calling to just say one more time "have fun tonight, babe." But, I was totally wrong. When I answered he was beside himself...my little Josiah had busted his lip and it was bleeding. My man is the most amazing Dad in the world, and able to handle all sorts of things, but when it comes to injuries, he is super sensitive. He hates to see me or the boys hurting or in pain, and so I knew the blood thing was going to really bother him. I ditched my gals in about 30 seconds and raced home. Meanwhile I call my family. Now, for those of you who know my mom, sis, and dad, you know that we are all extremely close. Ange and Aaron were nearby and offered to run over to help with the situation. Theoretically this sounds like a good idea right? Well, I was afraid that would make the situation worse! Ange and Jerm together are quite the pair when it comes to injuries. They both freak out and feed off each other, its adorable and hilarious all in one! So, Ange and Aaron were put on prayer team duty! I then called mom and dad who left dinner on the stove and rushed over to take care of Josiah, or so they thought. When they got to the house little J was fine, and big J (Jeremy) was a mess. So I think really they took care of Jerm. By the time I made it home, everyone was fine. So we made the best of it, ordered in some sushi and enjoyed some couple time! (Josiah's lip, by the way, is fine!)
Saturday we had a meeting at the church then the great Bowers-Swygert wedding shower! That was a lot of fun as we celebrated with them! However, I'm a little peeved at Mr Jason for his lack of wanting to move back to Winchester! Its ok though, I think we have Dana convinced and she and Amanda might just end up living with me and Jerm while Jason makes up his mind to move back. I mean, how long can he stay away if we have his bride?
That evening, we had some fun having people over for dinner... including Aaron and Jeremy who spent the evening chasing each other around with Nerf blow darts and revolvers. Seriously, if you have not seen 20 somethings hiding under tables and behind stair cases in attempt to shoot darts at one another, you've never really lived! These guys were hysterical!
This morning started off ok. We had church and Sunday School. Then Ange, Mom, Jess, and Kimberly (oh and Baby Si too) all went to Hagerstown to do some BRIDESMAID shopping. Ange is going to have an amazing wedding! We found a gorgeous dress in a "extremely popular color" (thank you to the attendant there who uttered those words, I mean come on, who actually says that to a bride?)! But, nonetheless, its the most gorgeous wedding ever, and the bridesmaid's dresses are fabulous! We had a blast then headed home
Things were quite normal on the home front. Jerm and Josiah had a great day. We were about to put Josiah to bed when BAM he nose dives off the back of our love seat (yes we were in the room, no we are not abusive parents). Our relaxing evening quickly turned to being one of the most scary few minutes of our lives. Josiah began crying but his cry was so different than usual, and he then suffered a mini concussion. I'm not going to post the details because I don't even want to recreate it but it was scary, and we were a mess! We loaded up the car quickly and drove to the ER. Of course by the time we arrived, Josiah was fine, acting normal, talking fine, dancing for everyone in the waiting room, pretending to shoot people who walked by (his new trick), and laughing and playing. Jeremy and I, on the other hand, looked like we had just lost a war with the fear and dread and fatigue that new parents have written all over our faces. Ange and Aaron graciously left their date behind, and met us there to help with the boys. Dad and Mom followed shortly behind, and we all waited forever. Well, Josiah continued to act completely fine, so we decided to leave. We still were going to have to wait a longer time. Its now been about 5 hours since that drama and little J is sleeping good, but we're waking him up consistently to check on him! I cannot believe I have a child who had a concussion that sent us to the ER! Seriously, I thought I would be the mom to little frilly girls who sat on the floor playing with baby dolls and painting their nails. But, I know now that I am a boy mom. I was in total mom mode this weekend, and realized that these boys have changed me completely! I now love playing with cars, wrestling, coloring on my arms with markers, kicking so hard in the bath tub that the entire bathroom is soaked, and playing war with these little ones! I even love knowing that they are so wild at heart that jumping off a couch seems perfectly logical.
It is so funny how we can live our whole lives picturing ourselves as one way, or one thing, and then realize that God's plans and purposes are so much better and more amazing than our own!
I'll update some pictures in the morning, but so much happened this weekend, I just had to get it out!
Oh, and in other news, my non dramatic son, Silas Lee is continuing to amaze us everyday. On Jan 13th, he smiled at me for the first time and keeps on doing it. He is the best smiler in the world! And, he is a big big boy. He's in 3 - 6 month clothes now, size two diapers, and is growing everyday. I'm trying to cut dairy out of my diet to help his belly, but other than occasional belly pain, he is the most easy going, carefree, and snuggly little baby in the land. I'm so in love and he has made our little family feel much more real and complete! And, have I mentioned how GORGEOUS he is? His hair is beautiful and soft, his complexion is beautiful and tan, and he just has the best little facial expressions. If you haven't met him yet, prepare to fall in love the instant you do!
Go kiss your kids, your spouse, or your families. Its so amazing to love and be loved!
Jenn
6 comments:
You should write a book You have the best stories! I am glad little Josiah is ok. I can't wait to see more pictures.
I am so glad josiah is fine. Katie also has no fear. Its not only boys. But, she just does it daintily as a ballerina.
I am afraid t write on our blog. I don't think I could ever write as well as you. You really should write a book or at least a column somewhere. I love reading them. Miss you all. Love you.
Wow! I have such mixed emotions right now...first, I am so thankful Josiah is fine and second, I am thinking that I better get prepared for when Eli becomes that daring! He already makes his momma worry!!! Yikes!!!!!!
My sweet Josiah. Thank God he is fine. We are certainly blessed with two perfectly wonderful grandsons. Being their grandmother is the greatest blessing in life!
(((Josiah))) I think that the boys must have bet each other again. Since Gideon has already had bloody noses, split lips, and black eyes, Josiah had to beat him with the 1st concussion.
Post a Comment